As a holistic registered nurse for over 28 years, wife, mother of two young boys, and elder caretaker, Buddy has a wealth of experience in health promotion, health education, lifestyle teaching and wellness consulting/coaching. Her professional experience involves trauma/critical care, flight, emergency, dermatology, integrative and holistic nursing. After developing severe immune system breakdown from burnout and chronic stress in the early 1990s, she was forced to make positive changes in her life. She transformed her health by exploring many dimensions of her body, mind, and spirit. She confronted specific emotional issues and learned to handle stress in a more enlightened way.
Professional Associations / Affiliations
- Academy of Integrative Health and Medicine
- American Holistic Nurse Association
- ND, Doctor of Naturopathy (Traditional), Clayton College of Natural Health, 2008
- Certified Wellness Inventory Coach, Health World Online, 2008
- Reiki Master/Teacher, Ursuline College, 2005
- MS in Natural Health, Clayton College of Natural Health, 1997
BSN, Cleveland State University, 1989
- Clinical Excellence Award
- Academic Excellence Award
- Nightingale Society Award
- Summa Cum Laude
RN, Diploma, Cleveland Metropolitan General Hospital School of Nursing, 1987
Estelle C. Koch Award for ranking number one in graduation class
- A Time to Heal - Reprinted with permission from Beginnings, Vol.31, pp 22-23, Copyright 2011, American Holistic Nurses Association.